It’s time to get your rainbow on! This viral recipe for rainbow popcorn is the perfect snack for a movie night, party, or just because. It’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So what are you waiting for? Get popping!
What You’ll Need
To make this Viral Rainbow Popcorn Recipe, you will need:
-1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels
-1/4 cup of melted butter
-1/4 cup of sugar
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
-1 tablespoon of cornstarch
-Food coloring in various colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
-A large pot with a lid
Start by popping the popcorn kernels in the large pot on the stovetop. Be sure to put a lid on the pot while the kernels are popping to prevent any escaped popcorn! Once all the kernels have popped, pour the popcorn into a large bowl and set it aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Once those ingredients are fully combined, begin adding drops of food coloring until you achieve your desired colors. For this recipe we used 6 different colors to get that perfect rainbow effect.
Now it’s time to mix everything together! Pour the colored butter mixture over the popped popcorn and use a rubber spatula or your hands to thoroughly coat all the popcorn kernels. Once coated, spread the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200 degrees for about 45 minutes. This will help set the color so your rainbow popcorn is vibrant and beautiful!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn kernels, oil, and salt.
3. Spread the popcorn in an even layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the popcorn is popped.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, food coloring, and water.
7. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
8. Spread the popcorn out on a piece of wax paper to dry.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re looking for a fun and unique treat to make for your next party or get-together, try this viral rainbow popcorn recipe! It’s easy to make and is sure to be a hit with all your guests.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the perfect batch of rainbow popcorn:
1. Use good quality popcorn kernels. This will ensure that your popcorn pops up nice and fluffy.
2. Cook the popcorn in small batches so that it doesn’t overcook and become dry.
3. Use food coloring gel instead of liquid food coloring. The gel will give the popcorn a more vibrant color.
4. Once the popcorn is colored, let it cool completely before serving so that the colors don’t bleed together.
There are many variations of this recipe that you can try. One popular variation is to use different colors of candy melts. You can also add sprinkles or other decorations to the popcorn. Another variation is to use different flavored Pop Rocks. You can also experiment with different flavors of popcorn. Try using a mix of white and yellow popcorn for a more traditional flavor, or try using a mix of kernels with different colored hulls for a more colorful treat.
This Viral Rainbow Popcorn Recipe is a fun and easy way to make a delicious treat that everyone will love. With only a few simple ingredients, you can create something that is not only beautiful but also tastes great. So don’t be afraid to try out this recipe and see for yourself how easy and fun it can be to make your own rainbow popcorn.