Just 2 ingredients are needed for this simple no-bake chocolate banana cake. It has a strong chocolate and banana flavour and is very rich. It is devoid of flour, eggs, and oil. Although it may be eaten all year round, it is best served cold and can be prepared in advance, making it a fantastic dessert to serve in the summer.
This time of year, I enjoy creating treats without baking. On a hot day, there is no need to switch on the oven because sweets are typically best served cold. The preparation time for this quick dessert is only about 15 minutes.
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Bananas and semisweet chocolate chips.
Ripe bananas are preferred for this dish. Even though overripe bananas will also work, they are not required. The bananas must be well mashed to remove all lumps.
Semisweet chocolate chips are an alternative to bittersweet or dark chocolate if you prefer a less sweet dish. Either on the stovetop or in the microwave, the chocolate must be melted. Although either method will work, I favour the microwave because it is quicker.
NO BREAK TEXTURE OF A BANANA CAKE
The texture of this cake is creamy, almost like cheesecake. It is opulent and extremely rich.
The bananas prevent the chocolate from solidifying again when they are combined with melted chocolate. The chocolate, however, remains in a semi-solid form. Thus, you get a cake that is comparable to a flourless chocolate cake in that it is rich and fudgy.
HOW TO MAKE A BANANA CAKE WITHOUT BAKING IT
The bananas must first be mashed, and then the chocolate must be melted and smooth. The two are then blended thoroughly by being swirled together. After that, you may pour the mixture into a cake pan and chill it in the refrigerator to set.
1 cup (232 g) mashed bananas
2cups (365g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 6 or 7-inch springform baking pan’s interior. Using parchment paper, line the inside and bottom of the dish.
- Until there are no lumps left, mash the bananas with a fork, whisk, or potato masher. Place aside.
- Put chocolate chips in a big bowl that can go in the microwave. Stirring often with a spatula, heat at maximum power for 1 minute at a time until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. (I required a total of 2 minutes to cook.) As an alternative, you might use the double boiler technique to melt the chocolate over the stove.
- Add the mashed bananas after the chocolate batter is smooth. Bananas should be thoroughly mixed in and there should be no banana streaks left. Stir with a whisk.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan. Place in refrigerator to set. It may be ready sooner, but I advise chilling for at least an hour. You could also leave it in the refrigerator for the night. Wait for the cake to set before adding icing if you are decorating it.
• Use a 6-inch cake pan for a taller, thicker cake. Use a 7-inch cake pan if you don’t mind the cake being not very tall.
- Although it may be made in a standard round cake pan, I believe that a springform pan makes this the easiest to make. • If you wish to make the cake less sweet, use dark chocolate in place of the semisweet variety; it will just be trickier to remove the cake from the pan.
- To make 1 cup of mashed banana, you’ll need about 3 bananas.
- Ensure that you mash the bananas rather than pureeing them. They will become excessively liquidy if you puree them in a food processor or blender. Banana puree will still work in the recipe, but
- Ensure that you mash the bananas rather than pureeing them. They will become excessively liquidy if you puree them in a food processor or blender. With banana puree, the recipe will still work, but your cake won’t be as firm.
This recipe doesn’t work well with frozen bananas since frozen bananas contain more liquid; mash the bananas first if you’re using a measuring cup.
- A chocolate ganache icing and some shaved chocolate were used to garnish the cake.
- Optional Frosting: You’ll need 2 ounces of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to make the chocolate ganache frosting. Mixing bowl with chocolate chips in it Heavy cream should be heated to a simmer. Over the chocolate, pour the heavy cream. As soon as you begin, mix the chocolate until it is smooth and thoroughly melted. Ganache should be poured over the cake and spread out.
- A cake can be prepared one to two days beforehand. Cake should be kept chilled until serving time.
serving: 1slice, calories: 191kcal, carbohydrates: 30g, protein: 1g, fat: 10g, saturated fat: 6g, sodium: 1mg, fiber: 3g, sugar: 20g, net carbs: 27g